Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Top 10 Hair Care Products


   I never really used to do my hair, I would either leave it down or toss it up in a messy half bun and go. I didn't really care too much about hair styling or taking much care of it either. My hair routine used to be as simple as washing it, letting it air dry, then straightening or curling.
   After having my daughter I noticed a drastic change in my hair. It went from healthy, thick and little to no split ends to very damaged, drab, pretty coarse and just over all a pain in the ass. My hair is frizzy after washing, it feels remotely coarse and I have noticed more fall out in my hair brush or even running my fingers through my hair after showering. It was really starting to depress me. I vowed to myself I will learn to take care of my hair better, find things to renew my hair back to health, and learn more ways to do my hair! Thus being said I have cut out my straightner and curler almost COMPLETELY out of my life. I let my hair air dry and only style my hair with heat for special events.

I have made a list of things I have found since I vowed that to myself that help manage and restore my mane.

1. Wen Cleansing Conditioner

Wen is an incredible conditioner. It is a 5-in-1 formula that can replace shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler, and leave-in conditioner. It thoroughly cleanses hair without having to lather it up into a foamy mess. Another great thing is there is not harsh ingredients that are usually found in common shampoos. It is designed for ultra-sensitive hair and scalps. It leaves my hair super soft and shiny, It reduces fly-aways and most of all it moisturizes my coarse hair.


2. Aussie Sun Touched Shine Hairspray.

I don't really use much hair spray unless I'm going somewhere special or doing hair for my many mini photo shoots. I turn to this when I have little stray hairs sticking out that need smoothing down. Aussie hairspray really does the job without leaving it feeling like a chunk of glossed straw and it doesn't fall flat after a couple hours like most hairspray, it stays strong and long! It doesn't have that "sun-kissed" shine that it says but it is wonderful for updos, teasing, or just laying down a stray hair.

3. Bed Head After Party Smoothing Mousse.

After Party brings a healthy, silky shine to my hair. It tames frizz and helps manage my hair so I'm able to work with it. I use this mainly on the days my hair just finished drying and decided to turn into a frizz ball. My hair literally looks like someone ran a balloon on my head and left it all puffed and static-y. Just a small amount smoothes out frizzy messes without making it look greasy. And it smells GREAT! The bottle is quite oddly shapened and I frequently get asked "What the hell is that" when people notice it in my vanity. lol

4. Redken 12 Align Hair Straightner Serum.

When I do want to straighten my hair I grab this stuff! It is applied to damp hair and can be either blow dried for a natural straight look, or used with a hair straightner for a dramatic, dead straight look. It adds control and discipline to curly hair. It is a heat- protective serum, so I don't have to worry if I'm taking 2 steps back and damaging my hair again. I LOVE this product and what it does to my hair.

5. Pantene Pro-V Restoratives For Breakage Defense.

I have the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner. Within the time I have used this I have noticed quite a change in my hair, it's not coarse and I am not seeing as much fall out as I usually did. When your hair goes through such a drastic change it does depress you. But Pantene Pro-V Restoratives is slowly helping repair my hair. It has made my hair so much stronger and hydrated.

6. Sauve Kids Detangler.

Now I know what your thinking, "Sauve Kids?? Really?" well yes really. I think Sauve is an underestimated product. It is affordable and does what it says. My daughter's hair is curly as heck. The perfect, ringlet almost Sherley Temple type curlers which makes combing her hair out a screaming hassle. When I got this I honestly didn't expect much because I'm used to a high end mane detangler. But spraying this on her hair when it's freshly washed or even dry, letting it sit for 5-7 minutes leaves the comb just running right through her hair. It removes big rat nest type tangles kids get that seem almost impossible to get out and you wondering how the hell they managed to get a tangle that big! She is sensitive headed too, so this turns a screaming situation into a manageable one. I do reccommend this to any mother.

7. Paul Mitchell Tea Trea Oil Shampoo.

This bad boy was picked up for my sister who has a dandruff problem. But being me and having a slightly odd liking for reading the back labels of shampoo bottles led me to using this. It is great! When massaging this into your hair and scalp it has a cool menthol feeling to it even a slight tingling effect. It smells and feels refreshing. My hair feel stronger, frizz free and even helped out her dandruff problem. It is rather pricy, a normal sized bottle is currently 31.95 but it is worth it.

8 Sauve Professionals Rosemary And Mint Shampoo + Conditioner

This invigoration shampoo and conditioner is enriched with 100% all natural rosemary and mint. It gently cleans and increases better manageabilitly. It does leave my hair shiny and soft with a light hint of rosemary. It's cheap and works well.

9. Beyond The Zone Smooth Criminal Thermal Protect Spray.

This light weight balm is great for someone who uses heat in their daily hair routine. It helps seal the hair cuticle and does speed up blow drying time. It enhances shine and smoothness. I used this all the time when I constantly straightened/curled my hair. I use it when I do hair for other people because I know how much I value my hair so I wouldn't want to damaged someone else's hair. It majorly prevents damaged due to heat.

10. Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum.

This unique formula helps repair damaged hair and cuticles. It mends split ends and frizziness. It is an indulgent blend of orangic coconut oil, and keratin proteins that promotes longer hair by reducing dramatic damage. It adds strength and elasticity to weak or brittle hair. This serum completely changed my hair! I dont see any split ends and brushing my hair has gotten alot more enjoyable. I dont have NEARLY the amount of fall out as I did before using this. It smells wonderful. This is great for men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment