Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spa Day!

Once every week I take the time out to have a small spa day. I'll wash my hair with different stuff or make hair masks and make face masks for myself. Hey if no one is gonna pamper me, I might as well do it myself. :P So I decided I could turn this into a blog post. So prepare yourself for Brie's Spa Day Adventure!!! (actually it wasn't as exciting as I'm making it out to be :P)

Before I did anything to my face I figured I should wash it so it will stay out of my face and mask. My hair apparently LOVES face masks. When it's dry and pulled back into a unicorn horn as my little sister calls it, stray hairs still find their way into the mask.  Plus my hair has been looking a little drab. So I decided to deep condition it as well as wash it with something special!


BEER!!

I don't get why guys buy an abundant amount of beer and then only drink 3 of them?? what's the point of that? Not that I'm condoning guys for NOT drinking lol, but I find it a waste of money. My boyfriend has done this twice now. But this is how I think; If you don't drink it, it's going in my hair. Haha.

I used my basic Sauve shampoo, then washed my hair with my boyfriend's Axe anti-dandruff shampoo. It makes my hair feels SOOOO soft and super shiny! But SHHHHHH don't tell him I use it! :P

Then I massaged Aussie's Cleanse and Mend conditioner into my hair, wrapped it with a towel and left it on while I prepared my scrub/mask.


Usually I will wash my face with a mild cleanser like Neutrogena's Morning Burst Wash. This honestly doesn't do much for my skin other than making it slightly softer. I don't feel that awesome burst from the little capsules nor does it make me want to sing to loud catchy pop tunes or fall onto a couch and laugh with my bestie. I also heard morning washes will work better at nighttime, because your face has been through shizz during the day. So unless you sleep on dirty,grimy sheets and pillows try it at night.

Enough face wash rambles, onto the scrub I swear by. I love this scrub. It takes only 3 minutes to make and does wonders. Green tea and honey are amazing for our skin!






Start off by pouring about 5 -8 tablespoons into a tiny bowl, Then I turn on the hot water from the sink facet and wait until it gets slightly warm and fill up a coffee cup. I steep my tea bag  

After it turns a light green I add approx. 3 tablespoons into the sugar.


Once you stir it, it should resemble wet sand.


Then just squeeze a little honey into the mix. Honey is great for hydrating and treating acne. Then stir, stir, stir.



 With a damp face, use your finger tips to gently massage this all over your face. Yes it does feel kind of like sandpaper. But it will leave your skin smooth like a baby's butt. I even scrub my lips and hands with it.  It makes my face look wrinkly! And yes I do make funny faces when applying these. You should see my face for applying mascara. :P

Once you rinse this your skin will look and feel incredibly soft!



Next I made a new face mask I just learned about.  I tried it last week with my wonderful friend who joined me for spa day! I call this the Cake Batter Face Mask


You'll need.

Cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking soda, milk, and egg and water.





 In a bowl, add a 2tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.

Once it's completely mixed pour it into a small sauce pan and heat it up until the sugar burns off.

 Now I know your probably thinking When the eff do I know when the sugars burned off??? Trust me I was thinking the same thing. Once it starts to bubble like the picture below stir it consistently for a minute and remove it from the heat.
Pouring the newly made caramel back into your bowl add in 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking soda and mix!



The concoction should look like this below.


Once that's all stirred add in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.



Once stirred it should look honestly like a big clump of cake poop.


Now you will need a separate bowl for this part. Take your egg and crack it, then separate the egg white and yolk by rocking it back in forth in each part of the shell.

Whisk your egg until it is runny

Add in a tablespoon on milk and whisk until it is frothy like this.
  Combine the two and mix well.
 And WAAA-LAA it should resemble chocolate cake/brownie mix. But do NOT be tempted to taste this! I was coaxed into tasting it by my bestie. Remember there's baking soda in it and it leaves a very undesirable taste in the back of your throat. haha.
 Then just apply it evenly. This is my sexy and I know it face. It's just DAMMNNNN yeaaa. :P :P

 Leave it on for about 30 minutes and scrub off. Your face will feel utterly smooth and silky. :]




2 comments:

  1. Will definitely keep these masks in mind when I go grocery shopping! By the way, I nominated you for "the Versatile BLogger" award! Check out my latest post, xx

    ReplyDelete