Friday, March 23, 2012

Divas: Beyonce.

I've been thinking about another series based off of inspirational women, whether it's women in music, movies, etc.


I have loved Beyonce since I was little. I remember walking around in California with cousins of mine singing Destiny's Child songs. We would sing and make up little dances to their music. I remember sitting down for dinner when I spent the night at my grandma's house with my cousins and their mom would make our plates and sing old Destiny's Child or Sade songs. Lol.


During my teen years I had a change in musical preference and stopped listening to Beyonce/Destiny's Child. But now that I'm in my 20's and pretty much love ANY type of music, I rekindled my love for her music. She is so inspirational and such a strong, beautiful woman that many women can look up too. She isn't one of those women who have been in the limelight for her mistakes or drug fueled rendezvous.


Beyonce is a universal women, dabbling in perfumes, clothing lines, music, acting, and even having a honeybee  named after her. Crazy right??  One song and music video I LOVE by her is "Why Don't You Love Me?" It's a great song and the video features her as a new age, stylish home maker with a touch of the 1950's. I tried to recreate the makeup in the scene where she is on the phone, crying with a martini in hand.  The only difference is I didn't do the black eyeliner/mascara tears.  She also wears a variety of bold lipsticks. The only bright bold color I have is a purple by LimeCrime but I cannot remember the name off the top of my head. :P



2 comments:

  1. I love her too shes just so awesome and her makeup is always stunning. Great job recreating her look :)

    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Beyonce' fan she is always gorgeous and a true inspiration to all women. Great job on recreating her makeup look it looks great on you <3

    ReplyDelete